Between 17 October and 26 November 2018, the Compass Team at Amaze asked Compass Card families to fill in an online survey about how they find out about Compass Card offers and leisure news. 243 people completed the survey and the results will help us to plan how we communicate with you.
- There are a range of ways people can find out about Compass Card offers and most people select one or two and stick with them. So for example, some will rely on the Compass Card app to find out about offers, others prefer to use the Compass Card website.
- A significant number of people don’t know about some of the ways the Compass Team communicates and sometimes they forget about the range of options. For example, a lot of people weren’t aware of our website blogs or our Facebook page.
- Lack of confidence around technology or lack of access to technology can limit how people find out about Compass Card offers and leisure info.
- Facebook is a bit like Marmite – some people love it, others don’t want to use it at all.
- The Compass Card app would benefit from some improvements, including the addition of ‘push notifications’. The app was very slow over the summer and although the problem has been resolved now, lots of you found it a pain.
- The most popular way of finding out about Compass Card offers and leisure is the e-newsletters, Compass News B&H and Compass News WSx, and targeted emails. Next in line is the free Compass Card app, followed by the Compass Card website.
- Most people like the idea of printed information, including area guides.
- Some of you suggested text messaging and Facebook Messenger as alternative forms of communication
We’ll be working hard in the coming months to improve the way we communicate with you. We’ll also be consulting directly with young people who have a Compass Card. Below are some of the things we intend to do in response to the survey results.
Promotion of various forms of communication, particularly app, website and blog and Facebook. We’ll achieve this through;
- Promoting Facebook via Facebook ad, e-newsletters and literature
- Promoting Compass Card app and Compass Card offers page
- Help for those who lack confidence around technology: promote app via ‘how to’ video and pdf guide; promote website offers page via ‘how to’ pdf
- Improve Compass Card app filters and introduce push notifications (subject to funding)
- Investigate texting as a form of communication
- Investigate Facebook Messenger as a form of communication
- Extend online mini-guides that can be printed off the website and viewed online
If you’d like to see a full summary of the survey results, click here.