Pedal People Palace, Next to Arch 288, Madeira Drive (Foot of Dukes Mound), Brighton BN2 1EN
Pedal People are a small independent Brighton charity established in 2017, offering inclusive year round cycling for people, young and old, with special educational needs and disabilities. As long as you are over four years old you can get involved. Pedal People train carers, friends and family members to carer-pilot on a range of specialist bikes and trikes. Accessible cycling improves wellbeing, health, reduces isolation, increases independence and is FUN!
Rides are free of charge, but a donation is requested at the time of booking for those who are able to donate. This helps with the service and maintenance of the bikes and the associated costs of the charity.
What do Pedal People offer:
Full public liability insurance, electric assist, seat belt, swivel-out seat, arm rests & easy onboarding/wheelchair transfer options suitable for range of complex needs
A range of pedal/leg support options for pedalling/non-pedalling or a combination
A therapy dog to help with onboarding at some sessions
Seafront and traffic-free areas in the heart of your own community
How to book
1. Click here to be directed to the Pedal People website
2. Select ‘Book a cycle ride’ from menu
3. Next page select ‘Book now’
4. Next page select ‘Accessible Cycle Hub’
5. Next page select:
First time ride – compulsory cycle pilot training
The ride participant attends this ride too. They get a ride out and the carer pilot gets trained together on the same cycle, with your trainer riding alongside. NB. If the carer-pilot is not already a confident road cyclist then more than one training session will be required.
6. Next page is Calendar page: Dates available highlighted in darker black – click on the dates you want to see the available times and then select one to book.
7. To login in: Select new clients (on right side) or if you have already got an account select to sign in (left side).
8. Select ‘Add another service button’ if you are booking more than one ride. This enables you to only make one donation payment rather than having to book and donate individually.
Important things to note
You will need to book your rides using an email address and mobile ‘phone number for the carer-pilot.
Reminders/notifications are sent via both email and ‘phone
Sessions can get booked up quickly as participants often like to book all their sessions in advance
All bookings are open eight weeks in advance on a rolling basis.
You can re-schedule a booking yourself, provided it is more than 6 days ahead. Just login to your account and select ‘My Bookings’ to view and edit them.
For more information head to the Pedal People website.
Registered Charity No 1078094
Responsive website designed & developed by